CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

01 August 2012

Out of Office

- by Janelle (Intended Mother)


Today is my last day at work before I make my way to Victoria and we have our first attempt at getting pregnant! Wowzers!


I feel like the past few months have gone by both slowly and fast. We've had moments where both Kim and I were running around for appointments (blood tests, ultrasounds, lawyers, etc.) and then the lull came where we were balancing schedules and vacation time. I can't believe that tomorrow morning I'll be hopping into my car with my Mom and we'll be driving through the mountains to Vancouver Island. Must have some Mother-Daughter time before things get real here, haha! I'm really looking forward to the trip!

Last Friday I started on daily injections to stimulate my ovaries. Two pokes a day. The whole time leading up to this, and even when I was getting the instructions on how to prep and inject the hormones, I was confident in my ability to do it to myself. Then came the time to execute. Thankfully I was on vacation with a friend who gives regular injections to a cousin. We got the first two done with Joel observing and from that day on Joel has been poking me - twice a night! ;)

I have definitely been more nervous with the needles then I thought I'd be. I get all anxious as I'm cleaning the site with alcohol swabs and have to remind myself to breathe. It's all a mental thing because really, stubbing your toe hurts more! Still I've been getting all squirmish while the liquid is being pushed into my abdomen and feel kind of icky afterwards with a sense of being bloated. I feel like my aversion to the needles is unnecessary because there's absolutely no pain once the drugs have been administered. That said, I can't seem to remain completely calm when I'm about to get poked. I'll be very happy when the needles come to an end. Before they do though, I go up to 3 a day. I can only hope that my ovaries get to where the clinic wants them sooner rather than later!

As the minutes are going by here I'm getting more and more excited. I can't wait to see Kim, Carl and the kids! It just hit me that we haven't seen each other since starting our journey (well, except on skype). A big round of hugs is in order and I'm definitely planning on enjoying the time together among the trips and procedures at VFC. There's lots ahead of us and I love the fact that we now get to literally experience it together.

I can't believe that the time is here. The closer I get to Victoria the more it'll hit me. See you soon Kim! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment