CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

15 August 2012

And then there were four

- by Janelle (IM)

Another call from the lab today. It's so nice getting the daily updates! Got the news that the embryos will be frozen today for when we're ready. There are four of them that made it to this stage. After three days of being incubated ideally an embryo is between 6 & 8 cells. Four of ours meet this criteria.

We have two embryos that are at 7 cells and another two at 8. Quality wise they are still well above average with three at 18 and one at 17 (out of 20).

As far as the embryos go, the only hurdle that's left is how they fare with the freezing and thawing process. This is something we won't know about until it's time to transfer and from what I understand is not a huge concern with the cryo techniques used these days. This whole experience has made me both extremely thankful and in awe of modern medicine (and there's more wonder to come)!

Considering how little my ovaries produced, I'm really happy with where we are today so I feel a little silly to admit that I feel sad to have lost an embryo. Four is plenty and I feel so fortunate to be where we are with healthy embryos ready for Kim's womb!

Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment