CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

29 April 2012

TC 10K!


So this post is not really baby related.

I ran my first 10 km race today, which is something that I never thought I'd do. Just finishing it was monumental for me. I finished the race in 65 minutes, which I was really happy with, especially as this was the first time running 10 km EVER! I had never run that far even in training for the race, so I'm feeling pretty proud about the whole thing.  In my life before kids, the extent of my participation in 'sports' was darts at the pub. :)

I've been contemplating whether to keep it up if pregnant again, but I just don't think I can do it.  Despite hearing about people who continued to run right up till their third trimester, I think I would worry too much. So running will have to go on the back burner for now, but at least I'll be going "out" on a high note, having set and achieved a personal goal.

Next year though....watch out!

* Re: pic -  I realize I look a little dopey in this picture, so just wanted to let everyone know the race was at 8:00 a.m. and between the 3 1/2 year old and 12 month old, I've forgotten what it's like to sleep through the night. Doesn't my running partner look great though!?

Did I also mention the baby has decided that 5:00 a.m. is a good time to start her day? We obviously have a difference of opinion here, and so far I'm on the losing side.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kim. 10 k is a long way. I'm surprised you finished. (not because you're a poor runer, but because it's such along distance) "-) And you look just fine.

    aunty M

    ReplyDelete