CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

15 April 2012

Getting on board

It was time to talk to my husband.


The first time I mentioned the idea of being a surrogate to him, I think he thought I was making a joke. The next time I brought it up, I told him that I had been thinking about it "for real", and asked him if he could think about the idea for a bit too. I think I caught him off guard, and he was somewhat puzzled and surprised, but he agreed to. (This might be putting it mildly. I think more likely he thought I was completely off my rocker - but I prefer my first analysis.) Over the next few weeks I would bring it up again casually, just here and there as we were going about day to day things, trying to give him a chance to let it sink in. From time to time, he would ask questions similar to what I had already asked myself, and many more, often from a logistical point of view. 


After many conversations he agreed that if this something I wanted to do, he would be completely supportive and on board with the journey. I truly have an amazing husband. 



No comments:

Post a Comment