CHP - arms with Myer

CHP - arms with Myer

15 September 2012

Pros and cons of a 40 day cycle

- by Kim

Pro: When not in the baby-making stage of life, you get 40 days without a period.

Con: Family planning and fertility issues seem to take that much longer. Waiting for things like ovulation, can feel like an eternity.

My natural cycle has finally resumed. This is what we've been waiting for, to find out what the next steps for us will be since our initial plans for transfer got postponed.

This morning I had my first appointment at the fertility clinic since August, just before we had the egg retrieval. I had an ultrasound and bloodwork to check my hormone levels. Since I'm no longer on any medications, we're now working with my body's natural hormones as there's no longer the time limitations to have my uterus ready in time for a fresh embryo transfer. Janelle and Joel's little totsicles are nice and frozen, and just waiting for my uterus to extend the invitation that it's time for the party to start.

Currently, my uterine lining is at 4 mm, and I have 8 follicles growing, 4 in each ovary, with the largest measuring at 6 mm. We're at a great starting point! What happens now, is that my body will naturally make the hormones needed for these follicles to continue to develop, which will in turn thicken my uterine lining to prepare for implantation. I'll be starting to take some supplementary hormones, to help my body along, and the hope is that if all goes well and my uterus does what it needs to, we could be transferring an embryo at my next ovulation! I go back in 10 days, at which time they'll check on the development and start close monitoring to see when the day might be, providing that my lining check is good. I think the potential transfer would be closer to 3 weeks, as opposed to the typical 2, as my cycles have always been long, but who knows. I guess we'll just wait and see.

So now we'll just give it some time, and wait for my uterine lining get nice and plump.

...I wonder if poutine might help my uterus to get fat.
Worth a shot.




2 comments:

  1. Yay, That all sounds good. I've heard that dates are a fertile food and pineapple is supposed to make your uterus sticky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the poutine tasted great, regardless of what it might or might not do to your uterus! Looking forward to news!

    ReplyDelete